Karyotype Coloring Sheets

This World Down Syndrome Day, I'm planning a little party for Rosalie's classmates. I'm hoping to teach them a bit about chromosomes.

I envisioned each child coloring their own karyotype (a picture showing all of their chromosomes), but I couldn't find anything online that worked. After a quick Photoshop tutorial from our friend, Greg, I decided that I would try to make my own coloring sheets! My hope is that after the students color their chromosomes, we can have a conversation about how they each karyotype looks a little different. Rosie is even lucky enough to have a whole extra chromosome to color! If we were all the same, how boring would this world be? Our differences make us unique and special!

Please feel free to print out and use these coloring sheets as a conversation starter! Leave a comment if you have a hard time downloading them and I'm happy to e-mail them to you or help in any other way. Happy coloring!


Female with Down syndrome karyotype

Female karyotype

Male with Down syndrome karyotype

Male karyotype




Comments

  1. I am a high school biology teacher. We will be discussing genetics and I used these karyotype coloring sheets for a class period that was shortened. A meaningful activity, but quick and no preparation required. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unable to print these nicely, would you be willing to email them to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos will not load for me, could you please send them to me? My email is listed above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I shared this with my kids classes on World Down's Syndrome day to educate the classes about my son, and other members of the amazing DS community!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts