Battery-Free Christmas


We recently came to the realization that the toys our girls play with the most are the ones that require them to use their imaginations rather than push a button. A friend shared a quote with me that I could not agree with more:  "the more the toy does, the less your kid does". With this new philosophy in mind, we decided to do a "battery-free Christmas" for our girls.


The toys that have gotten the most play since Christmas (by children and adults) have definitely been our Picasso Tiles! I knew I wanted to add some magnetic tiles to our collection of toys, but I was overwhelmed by the different options and price points. I did an embarrassing amount of research before finally settling on Picasso Tiles which seemed like the best quality for price.


After several weeks of play, I can tell that these tiles are going to last for many, many years. They are solid and make sturdy structures. In addition to the regular tiles, there are lots of cool, affordable add-ons! We have a ferris wheel, car bases, and some funky shape tiles. The possibilities for play are endless! We've made castles, houses, creatures, zoos, hotels, etc.







It was a "battery-free Christmas" for our cat as well! Ha! Eva, got in on the Picasso Tiles love with this cat scratcher lounge! I didn't even realize that Picasso Tiles made pet products and they were kind enough to send us one to try out! After going nuts with the cat nip, she thought it was a good place to rest up. I'm just appreciative that she now has a scratching outlet that is not our furniture! It's very sturdy and I've seen both of our girls perched on it pretending to be a cat!


Comments

Popular Posts