Are We Crazy!?!

Welcome family and friends!

What a busy summer it has been for Caleb and I.  Caleb finished his first year of medical school, we got married, honeymooned, went to many weddings, and Caleb started his second year of medical school.  The most recent news (which none of you knew at the time this post was written) is that we recently found out that we are expecting our first child!  Let me recap the last month or so for you!

It all started with a date night at Tasca and a pitcher of delicious sangria.  I think we all know how this story goes, so lets fast-forward two weeks!

On Saturday September 8th, 2012, my aunt Patsy, uncle Dale, and cousin DJ came to visit us in Boston.  We had a great afternoon filled with Mike's Pastry cannoli and Pour House for dinner.  At this point, we were not positive that I was pregnant, but we had a sneaking suspicion, so I abstained from beer at dinner.  Hopefully it wasn't too obvious!  As soon as we dropped the Thomas's off at Fenway for their Red Sox game, we decided to stop by CVS for a pregnancy test!  We didn't have much time since Caleb's friend, Riley, was arriving a few minutes later.  I took the test as soon as we got home and waited patiently in the bathroom to see if a little line appeared.  Caleb was trying to remain calm on the couch while waiting for me to say something.  Sure enough, after a minute or so, I saw a line form.  It was kind of hard to see at first, but  then it got darker and I burst out into the living room to tell Caleb the good news!  We both laughed and cried about our new little secret.  We calculated it and found out that we were about 4 weeks pregnant.  This means that Baby Swanberg will be arriving sometime in mid-May 2013!  Perfect timing since this is right after Caleb's board exam in April.

Next, we had to dispose of the evidence before Riley came over!  When he arrived, we tried to act as normal as possible.  Riley begged me to have some beers and go out with them, but I told him that I was too tired and that he and Caleb should go alone.  It wasn't easy, but I convinced him that this should be a "Guy Night".

The next day we had lunch with the Fosters in Salem, MA and afterwards bought our first pregnancy book:  What to Expect When You're Expecting.  Caleb also bought a journal for us to document these nine months.  It will make a great gift for our little one when they graduate or get married!

The first week went by incredibly slowly. We bought more pregnancy books:  The Expectant Father:  Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be and The Complete Book of Baby Names.  I also made an appointment with Dr. Agatha Critchfield in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Tufts.  My first appointment is October 18, 2012, which seems SO far away at this point!  I had no idea I would have to wait until I was 10 weeks pregnant for my first check-up!  Caleb and I can't wait to lay our eyes on Baby Swanberg for the first time.

I hope we're ready for this crazy journey we've started on!

Comments

Popular Posts