Wonderful Long Weekend in Maine!

Today, Caleb and I had our first appointment with our new doctors in Portland.  I was very impressed with how smoothly our visit went.  First, we had an ultrasound with the best sonographer in Maine (but I might be biased), Melony!  Everything looked really good!  Rosalie seems to be growing right on track and was in the 30th percentile again today.  It looks like she is weighing in at 3lbs 15oz.  She has even shifted around and positioned herself so that she is head down.

After our ultrasound, we met with a lovely, knowledgeable nurse and Dr. Pinette.  Dr. Pinette confirmed that Rosie's heart looks great.  He said that at this point, there is no need for us to meet with a pediatric cardiologist before she is born!  :)  After next week we will need to start coming in once a week to keep an eye on Rosalie and to make sure that everything keeps looking good.

Check out the cute pictures we got today!


Sleepy head.


Grumpy, scrunchy face from us poking my belly to get her to move her little arm away from her face!  I think this is similar to the face I make when I fall asleep on the couch and Caleb has to wake me up to go to bed.


Saturday, Melony threw me a baby shower at her place!  She did a fantastic job and I was so surprised to see relatives from as far away as New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Vermont!  Rosalie has a bookshelf full of new books and a closet full of adorable outfits.  Thank you so much to everyone who attended!  We are so blessed to have so much support from our family and friends.  I will never be able to express how much it means to have you all standing behind us in this new adventure we are embarking on!  I can't wait to introduce Rosie to you all!

Melony (the hostess and sonographer with the mostest) and Molly (streamer extraordinaire)!  Thanks, you two!

Table of sweets

Mmm....  Cupcakes and cookies courtesy of Aunt Angela! They were delicious!  Also, check out the beautiful candy bouquet towards the back of the table.  Thanks, Katy!

 Some of the guests who arrived early.  My mom, mother in law, sisters, and Katy Bell.

Great idea! Family members dedicated songs to Rosalie, Caleb, and I.


Fingerprint tree for the guests.  Also a very cute idea!


Melony's living room all decorated in pink!  I think her fiance, Jon, was having a hard time with it! Haha!


"Think Pink Punch"

The beautiful bookshelf that Jon built just for Rosie!  Instead of cards, the guests were asked to bring books.  I can't wait to cuddle up with Rosalie and read to her!


After the baby shower, we moved a bunch of things into our new apartment.  Rosalie's crib, changing table, and dresser are all set up in her room ready for her!  Thanks to Mama and Papa Swan for the furniture and to my mom, sisters, and aunt Patsy for helping me set it up!  It felt so good to "nest" a bit.

Comments

  1. Dear Three Wonders,
    It certainly sounds like a fine time was had by all. I am so please for all you to be back in Maine and I hope to see you in April. Best wishes as you settle in to new surrounding, work at the hospital and the entrance of this grumpy faced little beauty. I believe that I have seen that face once or twice before, but it was during a US History Test.

    Mr. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that grumpy face before......but I think the grumpy face is most like her Uncle Seth's!!!

    -Mama Swan-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad everything worked out so well over the weekend and for your first appointment at our office. I had a blast and I can't wait to see Rosalie's face again. I really hope she won't hate me when she is born, since I am the one pushing on here trying to get her to show her sweet little face :-) I totally understand the grumpy face Rosalie, I have the same face when jon wakes me up from sleeping on the couch. Next time though a little smile would be nice ;-) keep growing peanut! We will see how much you grow in two weeks!!

    Love always,
    Melony ( Aunty M, Aunty Mel, Aunty mean lady who kept pushing on me ;-) )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts